Young Authors is an FSA-sponsored program inviting students to write and illustrate their own books. It is a celebration of imagination and storytelling, making art, or exploring a particular topic. It is a wonderful opportunity to create a story outside of school. Books are proudly displayed for fellow students and visitors in the spring.
Our student council will be recognizing books in each of the following categories:
Students will be grouped by grades K-2, 3-6, 7-8. All students will receive a certificate of participation/achievement. All participants will be invited to celebrate their participation and achievement during the Young Authors celebration.
Young Authors Guidelines
- Participants must be St. Barnabas students.
- Students are to make their books by themselves. Exception: An adult or older child may act as recorders for children who are too young to do this themselves.
- Books can have a single author/illustrator, be co-authored and illustrated, or be authored by one child and illustrated by another. We do ask that no more than two children work on one book.
- Students in kindergarten through 8th grade are welcome to participate.
- Students can either create their own book (free), or purchase a clank hard-covered book for $5.00. Participants decide on their topic and illustrate their story.
- Any type of book/story is allowed that is school appropriate. Fact, fiction, cartoons, picture books ... all are welcome and enjoyed by Art & Book Fair visitors.