AT SAINT BARNABAS, we are committed to fostering an inclusive community where each person feels a sense of value and belonging. Early childhood is the primary starting point for most St. Barnabas students, but applicants are welcome at any grade level. Admission is determined by enrollment capacity per grade and a review of the student’s academic standing. St. Barnabas accepts applicants of any gender, race, or religious background.
TIMELINE FOR ADMISSIONS
- January - We begin accepting registration for the next school year at our Open House. Currently enrolled students and their siblings, followed by active parishioners, are given priority registration.
- March 1 - Non-Catholic/Non-Parishioners admissions applications are reviewed for acceptance.
- Preschool - Preschool follows the same dates for registration. Active parishioners will be given priority registration status through May 1. After May 1, Non-Catholic and/or Non-Parishioner applications will be reviewed for acceptance into our preschool.
ADMISSIONS CONSIDERATIONS - In order to maintain an acceptable class size in each grade, it is sometimes necessary to limit enrollment. The following priority is applied in accepting students:
- Children with a sibling enrolled at the school.
- Children whose families are registered, active parishioners of St. Barnabas Parish.
- Non-Catholic children are accepted under certain conditions: All non-Catholic students participate in daily religious instruction and worship activities with their classmates but are not required to become baptized Catholics. Parents may be requested to participate in informational sessions regarding the Catholic faith and the religious curriculum offered at St. Barnabas.